Definition of Radical Expression
- A radical expression is an expression containing a square root.
Examples of Radical Expression
- are examples of radical expression.
More about Radical Expression
- Radical: The symbol that is used to denote square root or nth roots.
- Radicand: Radicand is a number or expression inside the radical symbol.
For example, 5 is the radicand in.
- Radical equation: An equation containing radical expressions with variables in the radicands.
- Radical inequality: An inequality containing a radical expression with the variable in the radicand.
Solved Example on Radical Expression
Evaluate the radical expression when a = 2 and b = 4.
Correct Answer: D
Step 1: [Substitute the values of a and b in the given radical expression.]
Step 2: [Find the positive square root.]
Step 3: [Multiply.]
Step 4: [Add.]
Step 5: = 6 [Simplify.]
Related Terms for Radical Expression
- Square Root
- Radical Equation
- Radical Inequality
Additional Links for Radical Expression